nessarenee and nudista have tagged us in the 6 Quirky Things meme!
1) Link to the person who tagged me
2) Mention the rules
3) Tell six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about myself
4) Tag 6 other bloggers by linking to them
5) Go to each person’s blog and leave a comment that lets them know they’ve been tagged
1. Breakfast is my favourite meal, and I like to eat it more than once a day. I have toast for real breakfast every day, and when I’m at work, I eat cereal every day for lunch. I make omlettes and homefries and bacon on the weekend. yum!
2. I am so directionally challenged, it borders on a handicap. I am the kind of person that needs GPS on the cell phone, just so they can get from point A to point B. On foot. In their hometown. Yeesh.
3.I like to knit while reading hardcovers, because then I can sit crosslegged on the sofa, with my knee holding the book open.
4. I’m on a huge baking bread from scratch kick. I never thought there would be such a huge difference in the quality of the bread, but it’s true! And the homebaked bread seems to keep me full a lot longer than store bought bread. I think I’ve offically become someone who bakes their own bread:
5. I despise shoe shopping. Really. I have hobbit feet, short ones at that. finding small and wide shoes is often a challenge, and I never get home from shoe shopping feeling good about myself.
6. I really like embroidery, and am half-decent at it, but I hardly ever do it. But then again, there are a million crafty things I would do, if only I had enough hours in the day. Sigh.
I’m going to cheat a bit and not tag others, although I would love to know quirky things about all of you! If you would shared a quirky thing about you in the comments section, I’d be pretty happy about that.
And angelknits has given Teamknit the I Love Your Blog Award!!The rules are:
1- Post the award on your blog.
2- Add a link to the person who gave you the award
3- Nominate at least 4 other bloggers and add their links
I nominate(in random order):
4- Leave a comment at the recipients’ blogs so they can pass it on.
What an honour! I’m feeling loved today, I tells ya.
Currently, I’m working on the Opulent Raglan from the Fall 2008 Knitscene: I’ve already done some slight mods. I added an inch of k1, p1 ribbing to the hem, and I plan on doing the same on the sleeve cuffs rather than the ruffle. I have nothing against ruffles, but I wanted something a bit more streamlined. I’m using Elsebeth Lavold’s Silky Wool, which I got from Phoeknits. I haven’t knitted with this yarn before, and I have to say that I am a big fan now. I love the slightly nubbly texture, the subtle shade variations from the way silk and wool take dye differently… so pretty!
Someone suggested that kitten portraits be a regular Monday feature… I can’t say I’ll do it every Monday, but they are so freaking cute I’ve got to share at least one more shot: And yes, they are napping on my Lady Eleanor.