Yarn: stash camel-coloured acrylic (Patons something)
Needles: 4mm and 3.75 mm circulars
Modifications:I changed the waistband to have the same eyelet and ribbon detail as the lacy part with the ribbon, then had to rip the ribbon out because it wasn’t stretchy enough to function as a waistband detail.
Notes: Sigh. Where to begin. Well, although I checked my yardage, I’m convinced the yarn leprechuans played a trick on me because I came up a skein short towards the end of the skirt. I bought a new skein, but the dye lot couldn’t be matched, no matter how hard I tried. I finished it anyway, hoping it wouldn’t be obvious, but…. sigh. Yarn Leprechauns – 1. Julie – 0.
If I did this again (and I might) I would try a different waistband, and I would knit the stockinette completely in the round…. Seaming this sucker took days.
And finally, may I present to you why it is probably better to frog than to chance one ball from a different dye lot:
The photograph makes the different shades more dramatic than they actually are to the naked eye. Not that it matters- it’s still not close enough. Damn it.