Hi everybody, it’s been a while since one of these so tip your beverage of choice and dig in to this slice.
Jen needs to choose a dress for her boyfriends relatives wedding. So far it’s 2-1 black dress. What do you think?
Very bright blue in color. Made of microfiber, lace and silk. A long blue silk sash under the bust breaks up the waistline and is also long enough to be tied in the front. Fitted but light.
lace bust detail
Raw cotton. A crisp contrast of the white embroidery and die/crewel cut flower pattern. Very full skirt allowing fabric to swish for miles when spinning. The dress has a crisscross back design with a long straps for tying. They can looped them around in the front to define the waist a bit with enough to make a generous bow too.
Here is a close up of the lacy bit.
Jen’s note: I tested the blue dress last week and loved it with very matte black nylonss. but mentioned that the outfit needs patent shoes and/or some bling embellishment. for either dress more tanned skin is needed. I is le pale. Julie pale even! Time for me to hit the L’Oreal Sublime Glow again. If you are of my skintones and need a self-tanner I 100% suggest this one. I probably should go for the pale but I always opt for medium to dark coverage.
Let’s break it down a little:
1. It gives you a full shade of color within 4-5 applications. No overnight tan thank god.
2. It is firstly a moisturizer so your skin is soft and sweet smelling.
3. If your pale like me I suggest using it once and seeing how you like the color. I would use it in the evenings when I got home vs mornings/nights to prevent the discoloration of my sheets/clothes.
4. There is a fleck in the lotion similar to Olay’s Quench that we all love. Shimmer with out being a disco ball.
5. Last, but not least I recommend shaving and exfoliating before you apply it so your color lasts longer.
I know it sounds like a lot of rules and things you have to do but if you follow them all then I guarantee this will be your favorite summer moisturizer/tanner. Cost: $8.45!
Also, if you don’t have a tinted moisturizer I whole heartedly suggest this one by Lancome.
1. SPF 20
2. Sheer buildable coverage
3. Light Diffusing – see this photo for reference.
4. I use #1, the lightest of available three shades.
5. It lasts all freaking day and is a great base for powders to grab onto. (I use & love Clinique’s Super Double Powder in 07 Matte Neutral fyi)
6. Can be applied with fingers but a foundation brush or a stippling brush gives best results. A good foundation brush is your best friend for seamless application.
Next up are some awesome knit sightings in Toronto.
A tad voyeristic maybe? The key is to not let them know. shhh.
Spotted: Queen W & John
Spotted: Queen E & Caroline
Spotted: Purple Purl
Jen & Toby’s New Apartment! (some Blair Witch like filming included)
Headley – Never to late
Julie’s homemade peanut brittle
Quaker Chewy Yogurt & Vanilla granola bar (150 calories never tasted so good)
Golden Skans by Klaxons
Rock you like a Hurricane by Scorpions
Salvatore Ferragamo – Incanto Shine
An equation since the beginning
Bec Jules and Jen try their hand at Kevin’s new apartment(that we’re painting today!)